A Healthier Version Of Lip-Smacking Chocolate Sauce
A rich, smooth chocolate sauce is everyone's favourite topping and is versatile with most of the desserts. So, let us know what you think about our ultimate lip-smacking chocolate sauce drizzled over Vanilla ice cream or strawberries.
• 50g Dark Chocolate (use at least 70% cocoa solids)
• 25g butter
• 125ml double cream
• 1 tbsp caster sugar
• 4 drops of Herbostra Non-alcoholic Bitters
1. Break the chocolate into small even-sized pieces – so that it melts quickly and evenly. Add the pieces to a large heatproof bowl. Add a little boiling water to a saucepan and heat until it is just simmering.
2. Place the bowl over the pan. Make sure that the water doesn’t boil or touch the base of the bowl, or the chocolate could get too hot and ‘seize’, becoming grainy and unworkable. Very gently heat for about 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until it is completely smooth. Remove from the heat and use as required.
3. Heat all of the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan until evenly combined. Remove from the heat and stir through the melted chocolate. Serve warm over chocolate pudding, vanilla ice cream or with Strawberries.