Want Supple Skin? Here Are 12 Tips to Get It!
Brush your hand against your cheeks. Is your skin rough or smooth like a baby? Look at yourself in the mirror.
Is your skin plump or papery?
Everyone dreams of having flawless skin. But very few get it naturally. And some have to work for smoother skin.
To get your skin back to its silken, plump, and more youthful glow, you will have to work from the inside out.
Here are a few tips to help you plump up your skin.
Working on the "inside"
1. Drinking water as per your thirst increases circulation, which supports clearer, healthier, and suppler skin.
2. Drink green tea to take benefits of its antioxidants known as catechins. Antioxidants can help shield the body from inflammation and oxidative damage that can harm the skin.
3. For smoother skin, eat fruits and vegetables with shades of orange, red, blue, and green, which are packed with protective antioxidants, like Vitamins A, E, and C.
4. For supple skin, consume foods that have Biotin, a B Vitamin involved in your body's fat production. One delicious and easily available source of Biotin is the hearty, leafy green Swiss Chard.
5.Talking about fat, you can provide your skin with hydrating, smoothing moisture by eating foods packed with monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats and Omega-3 fatty acids. You can easily find these healthier fats in fish, olive oil, soybeans, and flaxseeds. You can even include healthy fats like Ghee in your daily diet.
6. Avoid consuming high amounts of curd as it can clog your skin and cause inflammation.
7. Imagine how amazing your skin looks after you have finished a workout: Your cheeks blush in pink, your skin glistens with good energy. This happens because exercise intensifies your blood circulation and makes you sweat,
both helpful for your skin - inside and out!
Working on the "out"
1. As the years pass by, our skin's collagen production and elastin start slowing down. Collagen supplies strength and support to the skin, and elastin provide skin with its elasticity - that plump, supple bounce-back your skin had when you were a bit younger.
2. To increase the bounce, use products formulated to firm, tighten, and tone your skin. Search for ingredients like niacinamide (Vitamin B3) - to support your skin's surface layer to make it more robust to damage and peptides to boost your skin's collagen production.
3. Along with less collagen and elastin production as we age, our dead skin cells shed more sluggishly, too. When these cells amass on the surface, skin looks rough, dry, and dull.
4. Include regular exfoliation to your skincare routine a couple of times a week to scrub away dull, dry skin cells to expose smoother, more glowing skin. As soon as you are done cleansing your skin, pat your skin dry and apply moisturizer to lock in the hydration that's remaining on your skin's surface. Skin that is always moisturized is bouncier and smoother to the touch.
5. Give yourself a slow and gentle facial massage to stimulate blood circulation in your skin. Firstly, rub your hands together to heat them. Press your palms lightly to your forehead and pull your hands down your face, across your cheeks and go down to the chin. Transfer your hands back to your cheeks and move gently in circles like you are washing your face.
6. Always shield your skin from further damage by applying sunscreen or an SPF-enhanced moisturizer whenever you spend time outside. Pick a sunscreen that safeguards against both UVA and UVB rays and has an SPF of a minimum of 30.
Our recommendation: If you want thorough exfoliation for smoother skin, use Herbostra's Exfoliating Bar Soap with Jute Wrap.
This natural exfoliator removes dead skin cells and stimulates blood circulation to give you illuminating skin.You can also try using Neem Soap by Herbostra as it removes acne and dark pigmentation. Formulated with natural herbs like Neem, Shikakai and Aloe Vera to give you healthy and glowing skin.