Ways to Improve Digestive Power
We don’t talk usually about digestive disorders and we seldom seek advice regarding such a common problem.The most common issues linked with the digestive tract are constipation, diarrhea, heartburn, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). These can be a result of many things like an unhealthy lifestyle, poor diet intake, food sensitivity, or even an infection. And just as there are many causes, there are several ways to improve your digestive power.
Here are 5 ways to boost your digestion:
1. Add probiotics to your life:
Probiotics are strains of good bacteria that are present in your digestive system.
These microscopic bacteria live in your intestines where they create vitamins and short-chain fatty acids that feed other beneficial bacteria, are nonpathogenic, and directly contribute to healthy gut flora. These bacteria
help in preventing infection and decreasing chronic inflammation.
2. Change your eating habits:
The way you eat has a large effect on how your digestive system works. By
altering your eating habits, you may be able to improve your digestion intensely.
These are some digestion hacks:
- Eat in a calm environment and focus only on eating.
- Turn off the television and keep your phone away so you can completely focus on the food you are eating.
- Notice how your food smells, looks, tastes, and feels in your mouth. This is known as mindful eating.
- Chewing your food into smaller pieces is essential, but often ignored. The more you chew your food, the better it will disintegrate which will help with the digestive procedure.
3. Stay hydrated:
Water is crucial for digestion! We require water to digest solid food and absorb nutrients correctly. Without water, the entire body’s performance declines which can lead to dehydration and a decrease in blood pressure which causes constipation.
- Drink enough amount of water every day. You should consume water according to your thirst.
- You have to ensure that you drink water between meals rather than with meals to evade diluting stomach acid which is important for proper digestion.
4. Rejuvenate with food reboot: Excess toxins can lead to digestive problems for many, causing diarrhea,constipation, or in the case of many IBS. Remove the foods that produce inflammation and replace them with whole, nourishing, and nutrient-dense to reset your digestion and help you troubleshoot about what’s really going on.
- Say no to artificial sweeteners. These have been shown to radically alter gut bacteria which we know is an extremely crucial part of healthy digestion.
- Eat less processed foods. These foods are empty calories with little to no nutrient value and are full of refined sugars, artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives. These components cause harm to your kidneys and liver.
If you are looking for an easy solution to your digestion problems, then you should opt for Herbostra’s Digestive Bitters. Bitters engage and stimulate the digestive system and trigger the absorption of various enzymes and strengthen your gut. It also helps in quick digestion and reduces inflammation. It is natural
5. Boost your stomach acid:
We’ve been led to believe that high levels of hydrochloric acid can cause
heartburn. For food to be released from the stomach into the small intestine, it should be in a liquid state.
Here’s a simple way to boost stomach acid naturally:
- Chew each mouthful thoroughly to help digestion. This may mean more than 15-20 chews per bite.
6. Drink Warm Water Regularly
Drinking water helps to keep the digestive system stirring. As the water goes through your stomach and intestines, the body is quicker to eliminate waste. Drinking hot water is particularly effective in activating the
We’ve all experienced digestive problems some time in our lives. Some digestive problems are harder than others to cure, but many of them can be fixed with when you eat, how you eat, and of course, what you eat